Monday, June 18, 2012

Rainy Days & Mondays

Rainy Days & Mondays

Today found me feeling quite blue at sunrise.  I had coffee before the sun, attempted to lay down again and sleep more without success.  My mind spinning with many tough decisions needing to be made was keeping me unsettled.

About the time I reached the indigo stage of my blue place, that little light of mine, "my son Carson" came down the stairs Mabeline, tail wagging burst past him giving me a quick greeting before she darted for the back door.  In less time than it took me to type the previous sentence I had completely forgotten about my blue mood. Thank the God of many names.



I had promised to make Cinnamon Roll Waffles for Carson.  I discovered the idea on http://pinterest.com a few days earlier.  Unlike the posting I chose not to buy the more pricey "Grands Cinnamon Roles, Carson's favorite" http://www.pillsbury.com/videos/television-commercials/cinnamon-rolls-imebut instead, I chose the store brand for a first try.

Amazingly the store brand worked out great, while not as large as the Grands Waffles would have been the color, texture and flavor were great.    We simply had to open up the can of Cinnamon Rolls and place them on our waffle iron and close.  Once the light changed indicating they were cooked we opened it up "WOW" they looked great.

The best thing about this new way to cook Cinnamon Rolls is that most 12 year old kids can make them on his or her own without having to heat up the house with the oven.

You should try it yourself with your kids.  It may even help you get rid of the blues.  


Carson suggested that we not bother making a special icing.  We simply used the stuff that came in the can.  He gave them Two Thumbs Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment